Friday, February 01, 2008

National Review

For those of you who don't know, National Review is a biweekly conservative magazine founded in 1955 by the conservative legend William F. Buckley.

Since October 2007, I've been recieving NR in the mail, but not through my own volition. I don't mind it coming to me; in fact, I welcome it because I find the content illuminating.

I have never given National Review my address or contact info, so I have a few hypotheses to explain its presence in my mailbox. Either

(1) Someone I know bought me a subscription as a gift and didn't tell me about it, or

(2) The editors obtained my contact information from a third party and is sending me issues as a "trial" and will eventually send me a letter, asking me to subscribe to their publication, in hopes I have enjoyed their writing.

In either (any?) event, I'm not going to complain.

Maybe you should call up National Review and ask for the Steven Latimer special.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]