Monday, February 04, 2008

Ron Paul Robocall

I'm in the MCV library right now and my cell phone rang.

My mobile phone's front LCD screen read "Unavailable" so just for fun, I answered it, knowingly violating of the library's policy which bans cell phone conversations near the computer terminals. I'm glad I answered.

"Hello?"

Basically it was a recording from Ron Paul, asking me to vote for him. (I have already voted for him, via absentee ballot.) Apparently the campaign has my phone number (I'm not surprised) and is robocalling all the likely voters. It was a sweet, 30 second message from Ron explaining the importance of voting for him, and voting for what he beleives in--in short, voting for the right reasons.

Virginia votes Feb. 12, the week after Super Tuesday.

This kind of personal--even if it's just a recording--contact with voters which is very important in politics. This is really good stuff. It means Ron Paul cares about his supporters; he contacts them on the telephone. It also means he will compete at least through Super Tuesday.

Ron Paul won't win any primaries, but his ideas are important, and will continue to inspire many to work for Freedom.

I seriously considered voting for Mitt Romney, but when I opened my absentee ballot and looked at the words "Mitt Romney" it just didn't feel right.

At a time in which Joe Sixpack and Sally Soccermom are more concerned with what's on the idiot box, and when Hillary & Co. are interested in mastering the 8-second soundbyte, Ron Paul continues to be quite the thinking man and his supporters continue to be very intelligent, well-read, and versed in policy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]