Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bore XLII

The National Football League's Super Bowl XLII took place last night with much to-do. Unfortunately, I was not impressed.

For starters, the commercials were not funny, for the second consecutive year in a row. Granted, Budweiser always has a few funny ones on tap, but all in all, nothing warranted a hearty knee-slap.

I did see a few commercials in the Richmond market during pre-game for our friend B. Hussein Obama, which for me, is a few commercials too many. (that's what they call "dark" humor!)

As far as the game goes, the offenses were very sluggish. Neither team broke the 20-point margin and the Patriots really blew it, which was a real shame considering the way they've played throughout the year. We all knew the Giants were capable of beating the Patriots (Week 17 anyone?) but I was very, very shocked. It all seemed so melodramatic.

To complicate matters, I was at a Super Bowl party. I decided to leave at halftime since everyone was rooting for the Giants and I wasn't having much fun anyway. Seems to me since the Washington Redskins hold the most currency around Richmond, we wouldn't want the Giants to win. Other way around.

In the end, the Pats really pulled a George Allenesque performance, as the last ditch effort went nowhere. As Eli Manning accepted the Lombardi trophy, I turned off the television.

There's always next year.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]