Friday, February 22, 2008

Your Government at Work...

Last night, and most of today, a nasty storm is blowing through the Northeast. It's dumping cold rain in Richmond, and it's wreaking havoc elsewhere. Last night some freezing rain fell. J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College decided, in its infinite wisdom, that they would open at 10 a.m. today, meaning my 9 o' clock class was cancelled. I did not know about this until I arrived in class and no one was there. I did not receive the message since I wake up in the morning, catch the VCU Campus Connector, and go.

Why? There was a bit of freezing rain. Who cares? That's no sufficient reason to delay class. Public transit was operating on schedule and VCU did not cancel or delay their classes.

Your state at work, folks.

Comments:
I guess they don't call community college "high school with ashtrays" for nothing.
 
LOL
humor very much appreciated.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]