Monday, March 10, 2008

Tucker gets Cancelled: Ode to Tucker

Earlier today, Tucker Carlson's show on MSNBC got cancelled and Tucker has been assigned to a new position at MSNBC.

This really blows since I like Tucker a lot; he is one of those rare thinking men who says things I like. He's smart.

Carlson expressed his support for Ron Paul when Paul appeared on the show in 2007. A lot of Ron Paul supporters are bent out of shape that >Tucker has been cancelled; many feel that Tucker's support of Paul and the cancellation of his show are not coincidental.

I disagree. Money matters, and his show hadn't been doing so hot in the ratings. Besides, >Tucker has been on since 2005. I don't suspect foul play.

I actually like MSNBC a lot. They are my favorite news network. I don't get MSNBC with my basic cable package (unfortunately). They're definitely better than the Communist News Network or FAUX News.

I look forward to hearing Tucker in the future. I'll end with a few of his gems:

"I think Michael Moore is loathsome, though, not because he dislikes Bush, but because he seems to dislike America."

"I'm utterly opposed to abortion, which I think is horrible and cruel. I think affirmative action is wrong. I'd like to slow immigration pretty dramatically. I hate all nanny state regulations, such as seat belt laws and smoking bans. I'm not for big government. I think the U.S. ought to hesitate before intervening abroad. I think these are conservative impulses. So by my criteria, Bush isn't much of a conservative."

"I'm just for marriage generally. I'm for people making a lifelong commitment. Do you know what I mean? I'm not against gay marriage, actually, and I'm the most right-wing person I know […] marriage has been a great thing for me, and I think it's a really civilizing force, and I think it would be a civilizing force for gay people too."

Comments:
I have no doubt that Tucker is a smart guy, but most of the time he comes off as an by-the-numbers douche bag pundit.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]