Friday, April 18, 2008

Go get Expelled!



Today, Ben Stein's documentary Expelled: no Intelligence Allowed hits theatres across America. I highly recommend seeing it. And this is coming from someone who goes to movies less than once a year.

I got to see an exclusive screening of Stein's film back in February when I was in Washington for CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference. Back then, the film was not totally finished, so we got to see the "rough draft," if you will.

(As an aside, I sat in front of these three college students from Kansas State University. We shot the breeze before the movie started and I learned that we had a lot in common. I think it was also the first time I ever talked to a group of Kansans.)

I actually had to sign a statement as I entered the room saying I wouldn't record it, or discuss the film in depth with anyone until it hit theatres.

Stein's film essentially addresses the controversy surrounding intelligent design, and how many professors on America's college campuses have been finding themselves in hot water, even to the point of being "expelled"--fired, canned, loss of tenure, etc.--just for saying something different.

For some reason, the film has been stirring up a hornet's nest of controversy, mostly from the Left. I wonder why...

While I have plenty of thoughts, I won't say anything else about the film--I'd rather you see it yourself. In fact, it's been over two months since I've seen it, so all I can recall is Ben Stein's monotone voice, pink shirt, sneakers, etc. That and it was a fantastic movie.

Despite it being a short film (97 minutes), Expelled shook me to my core, but not because of what you might think.

Go get Expelled!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]