Thursday, May 01, 2008

Jim Gilmore Creates a Fresh Buzz on Youtube

The Jim Gilmore campaign is touting their new online video, featuring the former Virginia Governor.

In the video, Gilmore declares that since Mark Warner said he wouldn't raise taxes, then raised them anyway, when Mark Warner says he will raise taxes in the US Senate, we should believe him.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a moment. By this logic, if Mark Warner does the exact opposite of what he says he'll do, then if he says he will raise taxes, he will actually work to enact tax cuts!

(And is Mark Warner really catering to conservatives?)

I like Jim Gilmore's video, but I am not sure this is the right kind of buzz.


Comments:
Steve:
As a graduate of VCU myself in 1994, I am still paying on student loans.

What are you feelings on Gov. Gilmore lowering tuition 20% across the board and freezing it for four years?

I just read today where UVA has cranked up tuition another 9.4%, as I guess they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to go 10%?
 
When you say Gilmore lowered tuition 20% across the board, do you mean he made colleges reduce the cost of college by 20%, or are you saying that he increased state spending on higher ed?
 
I eagerly await the response to this question... :)
 
Yeah, I bet you do hahaha :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]