Friday, November 21, 2008

Beep beep, beep beep, yeah!

I have a bit of good news to share - after a somewhat protracted hunt - this morning I signed a 6-month lease for a parking space near my residence in Richmond (about .2 miles away). The lease begins on 1 January 2009 at 3pm and terminates on 30 June 2009 at 9am.

I originally tried to purchase a parking space through VCU Parking and Transportation services in one of their decks or lots, but it appears to be that overnight parking is only sold to students who live on campus, that is, in a residence hall. Because I live off campus, the University classifies me as a "commuter student." Hence, VCU can only offer me parking in their facilities from 7am to 2am. On the one hand, this is stupid, but on the other hand I can see why this regulation is in effect.


I am leasing this parking space from the same company that manages the building I live in. Even though the price is higher than my neighborhood's market going rate for monthly parking, it is still significantly inexpensive, at 60 dollars per month.


(To the right: the Neon. Photograph was taken last winter in the Wal-Mart Newport News parking lot)


Beep beep, beep beep, yeah!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]