Wednesday, May 19, 2010

To Cook or Not to Cook

I just watched a half-hour flashy infomercial for the Bullet Express, a $120 do-all, be-all kitchen appliance which aims to take a lot of the work out of cooking big meals. The infomercial shows actors preparing meals in 60 seconds or less using this contraption.

Now, I am not much of a cook. Most of what I eat is either from a TV dinner box or similar, or from a fast food or quick service restaurant. But when I do cook something for myself or for friends and family, I am proud of my effort. It is the product of my labor.

In my opinion, the Bullet Express is cool, but it takes much of the creativity and rewarding labor out of preparing a meal from scratch. I wouldn't want to use it. It would be like me cheating when creating a meal.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]