Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Setting the Barr High

Pun intended.

About an hour or two ago, I returned home from the inaugural Richmond Bob Barr for President Meetup. The meetup was held at the downtown location of the Capital Ale House and was organized by the meetup group's enterprising leader, Duke.
.
A total of eight people came out to the event, which at times acted more as a social opportunity and get-together than a political gathering. I ate a cheeseburger with chips, and had a pretzel for dessert which was graciously offered to me by one of the other attendees.
.
Oddly enough, the inaugural Bob Barr meetup was accidentally scheduled during the same time that the monthly Patrick Henry Supper Club -- a Richmond area Libertarian get-together -- meets. Perhaps this stifled turnout. Whoops!
.
Bob Barr received the Libertarian Party nomination for President in late May and has since been laying groundwork. [Note: much has been written about Barr's policies, so I will not discuss them here. -SCL]
.
I had the pleasure of briefly conversing with Barr when I was at CPAC in February: the last day of the conference as I was heading to the Omni Shoreham, I witnessed the former Congressman toss his briefcase into the trunk of a taxi. He was in a hurry, and he let me know about it. Therefore, the conversation was well under a minute long -- lest he miss his flight! Just long enough to shake hands and have a few words, and the like.
.
The date of the next Richmond Bob Barr meetup is to be determined.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]